Listed here are the most current updates from Japan and beyond on the coronavirus outbreak:
As of 1:15 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 20
- The Japanese govt said Saturday it has received a report of a possible facet effect from coronavirus vaccination, hives, in the wake of the vaccination rollout in the state previously this 7 days.
As of 11 p.m., Friday, Feb. 19
- Wrestlers from the a few stables that missed the New Yr Grand Sumo Tournament thanks to coronavirus bacterial infections had their professional medical checkups Friday as they stepped up preparations for the upcoming March grand match.
- The selection of passports issued by the Japanese authorities in 2020 plunged 70.3 per cent from the past calendar year to 1.34 million, the least expensive in 48 several years, reflecting a drop in the selection of individuals traveling overseas amid the novel coronavirus pandemic, the International Ministry reported Friday.
- Japan will get its second shipment of Pfizer Inc.’s COVID-19 vaccine on Sunday, the minister in cost of vaccination initiatives stated Friday, as the rollout gradually expands to hospitals throughout the region.
- In advance of a virtual gathering, British Key Minister Boris Johnson explained Thursday that the Group of 7 industrialized nations should assistance velocity up the progress of upcoming vaccines, treatments and exams for rising illnesses.
Study total story below